Artists: Eliat Avivi, Christina Massocco and Martin Conley
Music: Keith Brown
This multimedia collaboration at Sequoia Gallery + Studios has been nearly a year in the making and is the first time three Sequoia artists have joined forces in this way.READ MORE
Our April Volunteer of the Month, is Heather Rubican who caters Sequoia’s First Tuesday Opening Receptions. We are extremely grateful for Heather’s monthly smorgasbord of beautifully arranged, tasty and health conscious treats.
This year’s event schedule will be arranged slightly different than last year. Daily details will be made available on the Sequoia website as we get closer to the event.
The general schedule is as follows:
– AM registration in the Sequoia classroom. After registration, participants will receive the Plein Air Event Schedule, rules for participation and “goodie bags”.
– QUICK DRAW: This 2-hour painting session will be happening at the beginning of the event this year rather than at the closing. Following registration, we will gather at the MAX platform at 3rd & Washington for a meet-and-greet and the Quick Draw painting session for those who wish to participate. Refreshments provided.
– Open painting
– Artist evening social (self-guided) at local restaurant
– Open painting
– SPECIAL VENUE at the Brookwood Library. Want to learn a new Plein Air painting technique? Join us for a short demo from a Plein Air professional artist. We will be setting up in of the second floor work rooms.
The library is BEAUTIFUL! We have had many amazing art pieces in the previous Plein Air shows with this venue as the subject matter. Times and instructor to be announced.
– NOCTURNAL painting event on Main Street in Hillsboro. Artists are invited to paint the night life on Main Street. Sequoia will be accessible during this event.
– All artwork must be submitted to Bag & Baggage on Main by 2pm.
– Reception & awards at Bag & Baggage, 5-8pm”
See more details and Register for the Event
Book Cover, Seven Viking Days, 9″ x 11″, mixed media
Sequoia member Mia Hocking has art work on display at the Brookwood Public Library through the end of April.
The exhibition features her original illustrations for her children’s book, “Seven Viking Days”. You can view Mia’s work during regular Library hours.
Local Hillsboro Clothing Artist and Sequoia Gallery Member, Paula Smith-Danell will be featured in a six-page article in the April/May issue of Threads Magazine. Threads is internationally recognized magazine for the sewing arts, published by Taunton Press. Paula’s article will address the design and construction concerns that accompany working with recycled sari fabric. As a fund raiser for Sequoia Gallery, she will be selling this issue of Threads at a signing reception at Sequoia Gallery on Friday March 24th from 5-8 PM. Please come join us. Wine will be provided by August Cellars Winery. Music will be provided by Scott Mueller and refreshments will be provided by Swirl Cheesecakes.